Imperial Fists - Ironclad Dreadnought

Here is my finished Imperial Fists Ironclad Dreadnought.



I wanted to arm this guy with a Seismic Hammer instead of a Chainfist for a few reasons. The big reason is that I didn't want him going at initiave one in hand to hand. Too many units have powerfists. I figure if I can go before the powerfist instead of at the same time I will be able to dish out more wounds. The other reason is that +1 on the vehicle damage chart is pretty huge. Swinging 4 Str 10 attacks at a vehicle is going to do a good job at penetrating. I think the extra 2d6 is just overkill on anything but a Landraider - and I have plenty of melta in my army to help with that.



I wasn't a big fan of the Seismic hammer the way it was in the box. I decided to glue it to the chainfist hand instead of the big wacky piece they had it hooked to. This was a really easy conversion and I like the way it turned out. If I had been thinking I would have used magnets to make it swappable with the chainfist bit so I could arm it up differently.

Painting this guy was a breeze using the secret sauce recipe. I primed him white, hit him with the yellow spray paint, and then added a few details. I kept the arms separate during painting and dipping. This was a huge time saver.

I am really happy about how this guy turned out and have had a blast with him on the table. The extra point of armor on these guys makes them a lot tougher than they look on paper.