Speed Painting Imperial Guard Troops - Part 3

Part 1
Part 2

Well here they are - my finished Steel Legion Troops.

In my last few posts I showed you how I went from black base coat to a model with all the base colors picked out. Once you get that far there is just one more step - the wash.

I absolutely love the new GW Washes. The picture above is just one step further from a model that has been base coated and had the main colors painted up solid. The wash adds instant highlights and shadings with just one coat.

I am not going to win any painting competitions but I usually place in the top 10-25% at tournaments for painting. Just having a fully painted army will do wonders for your overall score. It also just makes playing the game more fun.

And remember - painted models fight harder!