Speed Painting Imperial Guard Troops - Part 1

With the upcoming release of the new Imperial Guard Codex I decided I would start working on a Guard army.

I picked up a snap together box of five models at some point in the past so I figured I had the perfect test base to figure out my color scheme.

Since I just absolutely love the Forge World Death Korps of Krieg models I decided I would have a go at collecting a Death Korps guard army. I am going to be focusing mainly on tanks and other vehicles so the cost of these marvelous models wont be too much of an issue. I also figured I could use some of the existing plastic models to substitute in for other units like conscripts and penal legion troopers.

In the next few posts I will show you how I go about painting my guard troopers in a timely manner.

On to Part 2