Tools - Pin Vise

As I have started putting together larger models and magnetizing my special weapons troops I discovered that I needed a pin vise.

A pin vise allows you to drill a small hole in a miniature. This alone is not very exciting or useful. But imagine that you have a large or top heavy model that is just not wanting to stay stuck together. If you drill a hole in each piece that you are trying to glue together and use a paper clip
to make small rod and put in the holes and then glue it you will have good luck with it staying together.

You can also drill a hole in the foot of a model and use a paper clip rod to affix it to the bottom of a base. What I have been using my pin vise for is to drill small holes so I can magnetize my special weapon squads.

I picked up the one below at my local hobby store for less than $10.