Swappable Weapons - Part 2

In the last post I talked about why I was going to be doing this and with what - magnets. In this post I will show you the magnets and what you need to put them in the models.


Here is a picture of one of the magnets. I ordered these off of eBay. Just search for rare earth magnet and you will get a whole list. I bought 500 of these magnets for about $30 shipped. Why so many? It was $20 for 200 so I figured I would more than double my order for not a whole lot more money. I also have several friends that thought this was a good idea and I decided to share the love.

As you can see from the pictures, the magnets are quite small. 1/16" to be exact. This number is important because that is the size of drill bit you will need for your pin vise. One thing to remember when working with these magnets is that they are very strong. They can snap together and pinch you. They are also very fragile and it could be possible for them to chip or break - so be careful.

Next post I will show you how I put the magnets into a couple of arms and bodies.