Me and the guys were talking the other day about the upcoming release schedule. Here is what we had come up with -
March - Orcs and Goblins - Confirmed
April - Grey Knights - Confirmed
May - Tomb Kings - Confirmed
June/July - Summer of Flyers
August - Non Power Armour 40k Army
September - Possible Fantasy Army
October - Board Game?
November/December - Holiday Bundles (Fortress of Redemption, Mega Paint Set)
For August we were debating between Necrons and Tau. Well, it looks like the rumors are starting to come out and so far Necrons are in the lead. From Beasts of War -
Necrons are on their way!
Word is reaching us that the Necron range (or at least parts of) is being run down now (i.e. not available to the independant stockists) which can mean only one thing… expect Necrons in about 6 months!!!
So, we could be looking at a July/August release for your favourite army of unstoppable death machines?
A couple of tidbits that we received:
* We’ll be back is definitely gone (Feel no Pain has took over)
* We’re hearing that Gauss weapons are rending (which makes sense and will please Darrell no end)
* There will be a ton of Psychic powers listed as ‘Tech Upgrades’
The more ‘out there’ stuff that we have trouble believing
* There will be a more ornate vehicle (maybe monolith?) with moulded glyphs
* The feel of the range has been re-skinned to make it less ‘Terminator’
* Spyders have been redone
* We hear they are getting a reboot on the scale to rival the Dark Eldar!
We’re not hearing that its gonna take the same ‘feel’ as Forgeworld’s Tomb Stalker, apparently it was created and released completely independantly of the core design team. This seems a little bit like disinformation – but knowing GW I would not be entirely surprised.