Ork Stompa - WIP

Another doozy of a project here - an Ork Stompa.

I bought this guy right when it came out and have been working on it off and on ever since. I would have made better time on it but there were just so many pieces that it was a bit daunting.

I decided to go for a straight forward Stompa without many conversions. This is the biggest model that I have built from a kit and I wanted to make sure I got it right. I figured that I will eventually pick up another one and I will go crazy on it.

I didn't use all of the pieces out of the box. If I found a spot where I could skimp on the bits a bit I did so. I wanted to use the bits on my scratch-built Battlewagon and this kit had plenty.

The hardest part about putting this model together was the arms. They are pretty complex and some of the pictures in the book aren't real clear. The other issue was that there were these long skinny plastic tubes that went on the arms. I hate long skinny plastic tubes - they either wouldn't glue, broke, or just made me mad just sittin there so I didn't use them.

Other than that the model went together really easy and looks sharp. The only progress I have mode since I took these pictures is that I have primed him black. I will probably wait to hit him with the orange basecoat until I have another Ork vehicle laying around so I can do em all at once.