Conversion - Daemon Prince of Slaanesh - With Lash!

That's right folks. One of the most hated models in all of 40k - the Slaaneshi Daemon Prince with Lash of Submission. Since I play Chaos Space Marines it was only a matter of time before I ended up with one.



I have had this model done for about a year or so and thought I would share with you how I went about converting and painting it.

The base of this model is the GW Daemon Prince. The only real conversion work I did on this guy was to add a whip and some wings. Both were pretty easy.

Since we played Warhammer Fantasy back in the day we still have a pretty big bitz box from that era. I dug around in there and found one of my old Winged Nightmares from when I played Vampire Counts. Lo and behold if the wings didn't look like they would be a perfect match.

Most people use dragon wings for their prince models but I think those can be a bit big. I broke out the pin vise and started drilling. Once I had some pins in place I glued the wings on and started with some green stuff work.

I am pretty loose with my green stuff on my Chaos models - definitely one of the perks of Chaos. I just pushed it in place and then put some kind of stripes on it to make it look sort of like muscle. You can kind of see it in the pic up top. It matches where the head goes back into the armor.

Once all this was dried I moved on to working on the whip. For the whip I used an Ogre hand with sword. I cut the sword off and broke out some trusty Cat 5e Ethernet cable. I stripped off the outer shell and was left with a nice bit of twisted pair inside - perfect. You can't see it but on the end of the whip is the poison stinger from an old giant scorpion. I just drilled a hole in the stinger and put some of the network cable in - instant pin. I did the same for the ogre hand. So far I have not had any problem with the whip wanting to fall of.

For the paint scheme I went with what I did for the rest of my un-marked army - purple and gold. For the skin I chose the manliest of colors - Tentacle Pink.

Let us have a moment of silence for Tentacle Pink as it is no longer with us.



After I put down the pink I started in with the washes. I hit everything but the pink with a nice layer of black wash. For the pink I used the red wash. Using the red wash over pink gives it a nice almost neon finish that I just dig.