(poorly) Sculpted Plaguebearers

When I started up my Chaos Daemon army I definitely knew I was going to want some Plaguebeaerers. The only thing was these guys were only available in metal. I could get a box of 10 Bloodletters or 5 Plaguebearers. I started building my army with the plastic models and held off on buying the metal Plaguebearers.

By the time I was ready to play I had rounded up some of the old Flamers of Tzeentch and was using some plastic Dryads as my Horrors. During this time people kept talking about the second wave of Daemons and how it was goign to have plastic Plaguebearers in it. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the metal ones.

I needed the models, so I decided I would sculpt them. I had been playing around with green stuff quite a bit at this point and was pretty confident. But, at the same time, if the new models were coming soon I might as well just do something quick and easy instead of fighting with GS.

I decided to use some Super Sculpey to make my little plague daemons. I went down to Hobby Lobby and picked up a box of it and started sculpting when I got home.

I broke out my sculpting tool and started making up daemons. For the most part I just rolled out snakes and then mangled the model with my tool. On a few I tried out a little bit more advanced technique - this really ended up helping me out on future models. Practice makes perfect.

Once I had baked these guys to harden them (Sculpey does not air harden) I decided I would need to paint them. This also ended up being great becasue it let me test out various colors of green. It really paid off when it was time to paint my Great Unclean One.

As you can see from my pictures I didn't spend a lot of time on these guys. I wanted something fast that my opponents would know belong to Pappa Nurgle. I would say that I met my goal.