Converted Abbadon the Despoiler

Here are some pictures of a conversion that I have been wanting to do for quite a while - my converted Abaddon the Despoiler -



Back well over a year or two ago when i was putting together my Daemon Prince I modeled him with a lash and threw the sword in the bits box knowing that I would use it for something. As my Chaos Space Marine force expanded I knew that I would eventually want to include Abaddon - the dude is just a beast - but I just despise the current pewter model and wanted to convert him. I had the sword for it, but I needed a Chaos Terminator Lord for the rest of the conversion. Every time I went to buy one the store was out.

Fast forward to a few weeks back when I finally got my hands on a Terminator Lord. I knew I was going to use the sword, but I also needed a Lightning Claw with a bolter on the back and a head with a big tuft of hair. A bit of work with a razor saw and the claw was complete - it was very straight forward and pretty fun to do. From there I had to find a head. I dug and dug through my bits box and never could find a proper un-helmeted chaos head. All I could find were stoic loyalist heads or the stupid looking vampire berzerker head - that just wouldn't do.

I ended up using a Forge World Khorne Terminator un-masked head (without adding a tuft of hair) and I am happy with the way it turned out.

At this point I am waiting on a scenic base from Dragonforge and then this guy will get painted up.