Honoured Imperium - Marble Aquila

Here is my second piece of terrain that I have painted from the Honoured Imperium terrain set from Games Workshop.



I decided to try the marble technique that I used on my Grey Knight bases. I think that it turned out better this time. It was much easier painting this technique since I had done it before, and this was a much larger "canvas" to work on, which also made it easier.

I painted the dirt on this piece using my dirt recipe and I really like the way that it almost blends into the marble - it looks like the Aquila belongs there.

I continue to be impresses by the Warhammer 40k scenery packs that Games Workshop is putting out. I wasn't real impressed with the little shrine ruin piece in this kit, but once I painted it up I kind of like it - it has character.

My next project is going to be a large-ish building built out of the cities of death terrain kits, so keep an eye out for that one.