Harlequins Part 3 (bone)

I have begun the most time consuming part of the model. The bone portions of the model. When painting bone, I prefer for the color to be pretty thin. That usually means I need several coats to do the job. There is something about bone, but it always seems to be clumpy so I have found it is important to water it down to a consistency of at least milk.

As I have also discovered with working with the very bright pink and blue colors, the bone really does a lot for the model. It seems to give the eye something to be drawn to and offers a good anchor for the models. Bone is probably my most favorite color from GW and almost every model I paint has an element of it somewhere on the model.

Here is the harlequins after a careful paint on of bone, awaiting the next layer and highlights.