Cobblestone Fantasy Bases

For my Skaven I wanted to do something simple but different on my bases. After thinking about it for a while I decided that I would do a city theme and use cobblestone for the bases. At first I thought about using resin bases but the cost on that would just be a bit too much. Then I figured that I could paint them on but that would take way too long and I don't think I would do a good job.

After looking around online I finally found something that would work - textured plasticard with a cobblestone pattern.


Here is a close up of the pattern -


This stuff works perfect. All you have to do is cut out the plasticard to fit on the base, glue it down, and then paint it. For mine I used a black undercoat with a Dheneb Stone/Fortress Grey dry brush. After that I washed it with black wash and it is good to go.



Cutting out the bases was easy enough for the chariot base above but I ran into a challenge when I moved down to the smaller base sizes. I was able to easily and quickly cut out the bases with a little craft paper cutter though -