Imperial Fists - Drop Pod


A while back I was working on this Drop Pod and the following happened - from our forums -

AuthorMessage
big_d
Hogs of War Inquisitor


Posts: 102
Join date: 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Drop Pod Fury Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

I tried putting together a drop pod tonight. Anyone got any tips on these things cuz I sure do need em?

I had decided to make it where the doors would open and close and ran into a bunch of problems. The doors werent all on there just so so they would rub the side of the posts. Also they didn't shut all the way.

I decided to soldier on and was out in the garage doing some work on it and I accidently threw it against the wall (yeah, I know) and it exploded. Every freaking piece came undone. So now it is sitting in pieces on my work bench and I am just going to glue the doors shut on this one and put it in the back where it won't draw much attention.

At this point it is looking like I am just going to glue the doors shut on the rest of them. I know this will cause a few issues when playing but I am not that worried about it - I will just play it like they are transparent and anything shooting through them will get a 4+. Shouldn't be too much of an issue I don't think.
Seeing something amiss in my post Jester chimed in -

Wildeyedjester
Hogs of War Inquisitor


Posts: 257
Join date: 2009-06-07
Age: 31
Location: Centerton, Arkansas

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod Fury Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

How the hell did you accidentally throw it against the wall?

I don't have any tips for you....I just want more details.
So I had to spill the beans -

big_d
Hogs of War Inquisitor


Posts: 102
Join date: 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod Fury Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Well that makes me feel better. I just might have a go at not gluing them shut. I will have to see how it turns out.

It 'accidentally' flew into the wall when I was trying to shake some wood varnish off of it it - I have been experimenting around with dipping some models and decided to try it out on a drop pod. My kung-fu grip was not strong enough and it flew out of my hand and into the wall. It seriously landed in a pile of pieces in the corner - every freaking park came undone.


Since then I have yet to put together another Drop Pod. I have three cut out in a box that I need to get to work on. Hopefully I have better luck on these!