Assault on Black Reach Dreadnought - Heavy Flamer Conversion

For my Imperial Fists I decided that I needed some Dreadnoughts with Heavy Flamers. This would help me deal with horde armies, and it would look really cool.

Since I am trying to do this army on the cheaper side I decided to go with Assault on Black Reach Dreadnoughts instead of the box set. This ended up saving me almost $30 per Dreadnought.

Since these models don't come with heavy flamers I was going to have to do some converting. I ordered some Chaos vehicle flamer bits from The War Store and got started.

The first thing I did was cut the hose and raised area off the bottom. I like the look of the hose but it is in the wrong place. By flattening the bottom of the bit I am working towards making it the new 'top' of the bit.

The next step is to file off the skull. If you don't it will be upside down. On a few of the models I filed it down and left the strap but on this one I didn't. Always good to mix it up a bit.

Now for the tricky part - cut off the front portion of the flamer, flip it upside down, and glue it back on.

We have now 'flipped' the flamer. This will allow us to attach it to the bottom of the Dreadnought Close Combat arm. You can call it quits here if you like but I like the hose so I am going to add one back on.

A little bit of guitar string and it is as good as new.

Well, that's all there is to it. The next step is going to be priming this guy and getting him ready to be painted. I will post some more pics once I get him all gussied up.