Terrain - A large tank container - part 1

For this piece of terrain I decided to go with something quite a bit larger than last time. I wanted something that was more of a building than a ground obstacle. I looked around the house for a anything that had an interesting shape and I came up with an empty can of nuts. Perfect I thought to myself - this will make an excellent piece of wargaming terrain.

To make this piece of terrain I used the following -
  • An empty can of nuts
  • 1x 90 degree 1/4" PVC connector
  • A short length of 1/4" PVC pipe
  • A piece of hardboard for a base
  • Ballast
  • PVA Glue
  • Superglue
  • A small piece of sprue
  • A small piece of plasticard
  • Black QUICK COLOR spray paint
  • Hobby-Lobby paints
The assembly on this piece was quite easy. I just flipped the can upside down and glued it to the board. I then glued the pvc pipe to the side to make it look like it was coming out of the tank. Some rocks, ballast, and a little plasticard sign and she was ready to prime.





Next time I will go go over how I painted this piece and show you some finished pictures.